Thursday 26 March 2015

OUGD406- Hungry Sandwich Club Task

Today we were given a concise but yet very interesting presentation from 2 LCA graduates who own the Hungry Sandwich Club. I was very impressed by the quality of their work, the amount of hours and effort given in to their new business. The way they would speak about how it all happened, the negative comments people would make or joke around about them and there initial ideas and their goals and process today were very inspiring.

We were given a brief to help these 2 graduates with their business, we were told they were working on a event that consist of people moving around Leeds on their bikes and stopping at Bars/Restaurants/Parks… Our contribution was to produce a map for this event.

For this cycle track map we wanted to represent the style that we believed the presentation had given us about this business, I printed out some pictures that my group thought represented each stop on the map by the description we had obtained and then proceeded to create our own small illustrations. I was quite happy with the amount of work and time I had given in this task, my group used all of my illustrations and Emma and I designed how the map would look. We were in the groups that we were in for studio brief 2 which made it easier to work with each other; Vedika, Taimie and Billy worked on scanning the illustrations and adding colour and making them stronger on Photoshop.
I was happy with my group even thought it was hard to work with some of the members in it at times, it was nice to get to know each other (their styles, their knowledge and their personalities). We tried different ways of sharing our ideas and we were happy with our final outcome, even thought it wasn’t the chosen one for this event.


No comments:

Post a Comment